Explore the measures used to assess diverse aspects of cognition within and across five British birth cohort studies
This guide was created as part of CLOSER Work Package 19: Assessment and harmonisation of cognitive measures in British birth cohorts.
Explore the measures by life stage
Explore the measures by cohort study
- 1946 National Survey of Health and Development (NSHD)
- 1958 National Child Development Study (NCDS)
- 1970 British Cohort Study (BCS70)
- Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC)
- Millennium Cohort Study (MCS)
Learn about harmonisation feasibility and explore the measures by cognitive ability domain
Download the cognitive measures guide
- Download the original report on the cognitive measures (PDF)
- Download the second report on harmonisation feasibility (PDF)
Watch an overview of the cognitive measures guide
Note the information in this guide is valid as of January 2020.
To cite the guide, please use the following suggested citation:
Moulton, V., McElroy, E., Richards, M., Fitzsimons, E., Northstone, K., Conti, G., Ploubidis, G.B., Sullivan, A., & O’Neill, D. (2020). A guide to the cognitive measures in five British birth cohort studies. London, UK: CLOSER.