The CLOSER Data Managers Network is comprised of professionals working on study data management. The network is open to studies that form part of CLOSER and/or CLOSER Discovery, as well as professionals from the wider data management community.
The purpose of the network is to provide members with a forum for knowledge sharing, training and discussion related to the practical implementation of DDI and metadata standards. The network hosts two interactive webinars a year with invited guests who utilise these standards in the real-world. These webinars are part of the ‘Metadata management in the real world’ series.
The longitudinal studies and organisations currently represented in the network include:
- The 1946 National Survey of Health and Development (MRC Unit of Lifelong Healthy Ageing at UCL)
- The 1958, 1970, 2000-01 birth cohorts & Next Steps (UCL Centre for Longitudinal Studies)
- Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (University of Bristol)
- English Longitudinal Study of Ageing (NatCen Social Research)
- Generation Scotland (University of Edinburgh)
- Growing Up in Scotland (NatCen Social Research)
- Health and Employment After Fifty Study (University of Southampton)
- Hertfordshire Cohort Study (University of Southampton)
- Midlife in the United States (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Northern Ireland Cohort for the Longitudinal Study of Ageing (Queen’s University Belfast)
- ONS Longitudinal Study (CeLSIUS, University College London)
- Southampton Women’s Survey (University of Southampton)
- Understanding Society (University of Essex)
- UK Data Service (University of Essex)
- West of Scotland Twenty-07 Study (University of Glasgow)
- Whitehall II (University College London)
- Wirral Child Health and Development Study (University of Liverpool)
Joining the network
If you’d like to the join the network and start receiving updates and news of upcoming training and events, please sign up to the DMN mailing list.
For more information about the network, please contact us: email@example.com