This webinar in our 'Metadata management in the real world' series focused on DDI tools. Presentation slides are available below.
About the webinar
CLOSER has developed a range of open-source tools, and processes for managing metadata.
In this webinar, the CLOSER Discovery team (Jon Johnson, Jenny Li, William Norley, and Becky Oldroyd) showcased a selection of our current and in-development tools, which enable CLOSER and our partners to collaborate efficiently.
Topics covered included:
- Managing questionnaire metadata using Archivist
- Functional testing of Archivist using Selenium
- Building a collaborative pipeline for questionnaire metadata ingest
- Open source metadata extraction from statistical files
- Validation and management of “open text fields”
Download the presentation slides
- Managing questionnaire metadata using Archivist [PDF]
Becky Oldroyd, CLOSER Metadata Officer
- Dashboard Tool [PDF]
William Norley, CLOSER Metadata Developer
- Extract2DDI [PDF]
Jon Johnson, CLOSER Technical Lead
- Work-flow Automation [PDF]
Jenny Li, CLOSER Metadata Developer
CLOSER Data Managers Network
This webinar was organised as part of the CLOSER Data Managers Network which is comprised of professionals working on study data management. The network is open to studies that form part of CLOSER and/or CLOSER Discovery, as well as professionals from the wider data management community.
For more information, or to enquire about joining the CLOSER Data Managers Network, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, or require further information, please contact CLOSER Digital Communications and Events Manager, Jennie Blows (email@example.com).