CLOSER will run an exhibition stand at the 2023 British Education Research Association (BERA) conference in Birmingham, UK.
The British Educational Research Association (BERA) is the leading authority on educational research in the UK, supporting and representing the community of scholars, practitioners and everyone engaged in and with educational research both nationally and internationally.
About the conference
This year’s BERA conference will take place at Aston University, Birmingham from 12 – 14 September 2023.
For educational researchers the BERA Annual Conference is an important date in their professional year. It provides the opportunity to:
- network with existing colleagues
- support new colleagues at the start of their careers
- establish the beginnings of new collaborations
- exchange ideas with like-minded colleagues; and sometimes more profitably, with non-like-minded colleagues
- make new links with potential publishers or funders
- learn about research outside your own area and investigate possible connections
- indulge in discussions of ‘blue sky’ research that reminds you why you are a researcher
Seasoned BERA delegates could probably add several more reasons of their own as to why they return but for most it is about being part of a community of researchers. A community that is dynamic and changes over time; not just in terms of its members but in the way it does things. Participating in a vibrant conference is one way of making sure that you contribute to that change.
Further information, including the about the conference programme, venue and registration, can be found on the BERA conference website.
CLOSER’s presence at the conference
CLOSER is delighted to be sponsoring and running an exhibition stand at this year’s BERA conference.