Source: House of Commons Library – UK Prison Population Statistics
- The annual average is the average of the 12 month end populations.
- 2014 and 2015 data is calculated from quarterly reports.
This page is part of Our Changing Society, a free resource developed by CLOSER to provide detailed information about the historical and political backdrop to study participants’ lives.
CLOSER’s mission is to increase the visibility, use and impact of longitudinal population studies, data and research to ensure that longitudinal evidence is used to address the health, social, economic and environmental challenges facing the UK, now and in the future.
Want to know more?
- Longitudinal News – Sign up to our monthly newsletter to hear about the latest news, blogs, research and events from the longitudinal community.
- Learning Hub – Find information and resources to help you better understand longitudinal population studies and how to use the data.
- CLOSER Discovery – Search and explore data in the UK’s most detailed search engine for longitudinal population studies.